Troubleshooting HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Quick Guides
The HP Officejet Pro 8610 belongs to the latest series of All-in-one printers by HP. You can print, scan, copy, and even send a fax with the help of this printer.
Furthermore, it offers wireless connectivity. This means that it can connect to your home network and print documents over a wireless medium.
In addition, you can print documents through your smartphone as well. It also has a special duplex printing mode. Therefore, the printer can automatically print on both sides of the paper without human intervention.
However, it does face the same issues as a common printer from time to time. Keeping that in mind, here, we will discuss the most common issues of HP Officejet Pro 8610 and its troubleshooting.
Common Problems and its Troubleshooting for HP Officejet Pro 8610
Ordinarily, there are a wide range of problems that could be caused in your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer. Here, we have curated and selected the most common ones and provided the relevant solutions for them.
We also believe that following these solutions could fix the unlisted problems with your printer as well. Make sure to follow the instructions as given.
The most common problem for any printer is a paper jam in its tray. However, this is a very different scenario for HP Officejet Pro 8610. Troubleshooting the same is an extremely easy task as well. Follow these steps to effectively fix a paper jam.
- Turn the printer and go behind the printer. Here, a rectangular duplexer will be located. Press the buttons on either side of this object. This will detach the duplexer.
- Now, pull the jammed paper carefully in slowly. Make sure that no torn pieces are left behind.
- Next, push the latch on top of the duplexer to see if there is any other paper jammed in it. Subsequently, remove it carefully.
- Finally, attach the duplexer back into its place.
- In addition, you have to remove the jammed paper from the secondary tray as well if you have it installed. Simply lift the printer from the second tray and remove the paper. Put it back and you’re good to go.
Printing Job Stuck in Queue
Printer getting stuck in a queue is another common problem. New documents will not get printed unless the old ones have finished printing. Usually, this is a software issue. You can easily fix this by following the steps below.
- Open the printing dialogue box. It is located at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Next, select all the printing items and cancel them.
- Finally, restart your computer and try to print again.
Printer Alignment Failed
Occasionally, you may get this error popup on your screen. It states that the printer cartridges are not aligned with the paper.
Usually, this is caused by using a colored or used paper for printer alignment. Or, it may also be due to a dirty printhead. However, you can fix this issue by following the given steps.
- Insert a blank white paper in the printing tray.
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer software on your computer. Head over to the Device Services tab.
- Here, you will see an option to ‘Clean Printhead’. Simply select this. The printer will automatically run a cleaning.
Incorrect Printer Settings
In most cases, misconfigured printer settings can cause printing problems. For that, you should always make sure that you’ve corrected these settings:
- Selected the correct paper type
- Correctly chosen the color preference
- Unchecked printing options ‘Print both sides’, ‘Print odd pages’, ‘Print every other page’ when not required
- Print blank pages is off
Wireless Connection Problems
Wireless connectivity issue is one of the most common issues on HP Officejet Pro 8610. Usually, the printer will have a blue light on it indicating a successful connection. However, a blinking blue light indicates that there is a connection error.
Therefore, you can try to fix it by following the steps below.
- Turn on the printer and select its Control panel. Here, select Wireless and then head over to Wireless settings.
- Next, tap on the slider to turn off wireless connectivity. Subsequently, turn it back on. Check to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Afterward, you may need to reconnect to the desktop. Hence, open the HP Officejet Pro 8610 on your desktop. Here, you have to remove the connected Wi-Fi network. Subsequently, find and connect to the network again.
- Furthermore, make sure that the firewall is disabled as it could be causing issues. This can be easily done from the control panel.
- Reset your router and connect again if you’re still facing the issues. Conversely, you can try to connect through cables as well.
Incomplete or Corrupted Printer Driver
Generally, most of the printer errors are caused due to an incomplete or corrupted printer driver. Therefore, reinstalling the driver is the easiest fix. It may fix some unknown printer problems as well.
You can do this by following the given steps.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Here, select your printer driver and uninstall it. Visit the official website of HP support. Next, download the latest version of the printer driver for your model.
- Run the downloaded file as an Administrator and install the driver. Finally, restart your computer. You may have to connect your printer to the wireless network once again.
Physical Damage to Printer
You should properly check for physical damage to your printer. Make sure that the cables are not loosely connected. A loose power or connector cable will often show the ‘printer offline’ error.
You may need to buy or use a different cable if it is damaged. Additionally, you could try to connect your printer in different ports as well.
To summarize, the methods provided in this article should help in HP Officejet Pro 8610 troubleshooting.
You can share additional information or post any queries in the comments section below. Do not forget to use only genuine HP cartridges for your printer.