HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup [Step By Step Guidance]
HP Officejet Pro 6968 is a color inkjet all-in-one printer. This printer supports your Windows, Mac and Linus operating system. For your home network connection, it is best to connect this printer via an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
For its automatic document feeder, it can easily copy and scan both the side of the pages in one operation. With its in-built fax modem, you can fax whatever you have scanned. The best part is that you do not require any other computer’s own communication hardware.
It is a letter-size small-office color multifunction printer that has the standard-sheet capacity and supports different types of media.
When you are setting up a Hp Officejet Pro 6968 wireless setup, you have to follow some steps. So you have an HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer and do not know how to setup this printer then go through this article.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup for Windows Computer:
If you are using a Windows computer then, follow the below-mentioned steps and set up your HP Officejet Pro 6968.
Unbox HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer
In this article, we are going to provide easy guidance of unboxing your HP Officejet 6968 printer. So check out the below-mentioned steps.
- First Unbox the printer from the box and detach all the tapes.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove the inside tapes and close it.
- Connect the Power cord to the back of the printer and other to the electrical outlet and push the power button.
- With a USB cable, connect the printer to a laptop or PC.
- Now, peel off the tape from the new ink cartridge and hold it sideways and lift it upwards.
- Open the cartridge access door carefully and wait until the cartridge stays quiet in the middle.
- Once the cartridge is installed, the printer gets aligned and an alignment page prints automatically.
Install a Driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Several updates are built for the drivers of a device to increase the performance. You must install these drivers to support the device. So, if you want better results then get the latest version of the driver and install on your Officejet Pro 6968.
- Go to the official website of the printer and find out the driver for your HP Officejet Pro 6968.
- Then, click on the software and down it.
- This file will be saved as a .exe format.
- Open the file from the download bar and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the updates as per your requirement.
In case you see any error message then, uninstall the existing driver from your device.
- Open Device and Printers.
- Choose HP Officejet 6968 printer and select driver.
- Uninstall the existing driver and then re-install the update.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup
You can easily connect your HP Officejet Pro 6968 to the wireless network. By following two ways this connection is possible. You can make this setup by using SSID and password or WPS or Wi-Fi protected setup.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Choose the wireless option from the printer’s control panel.
- Go to the Settings tab and then navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard tap.
- Complete the connection by following on-screen instructions.
- Enter the SSID of your home network as well as password.
- Connect your printer to the Wireless network.
- Push the WPS button on your printer and router and connect your printer to your home network.
Find Out HP Officejet Pro 6968 WPA, WPA2, WEP Password of Your Wireless Network For Windows
If you want to print wirelessly on your printer, you would require network information like network name and password. So, if you want to obtain the password from your computer then follow these steps.
Step 1: Get the Password From the Computer
- Open Windows and access Network connections.
- In the network connections window, right-click on the network name and verify the status.
- In the status window, open wireless properties>Security>Show Characters
- Here, you can see the password of your wireless network.
If the Show characters option is not available then you have to follow the next step.
Step 2: Get the Password on the Wireless router
If your internet service provider has given you the router then you can find a label on the bottom of the printer. Here, you can find the initial password of the wireless network. Sometimes this password can be labeled as the WPA/WPA2 password or WEP password or WPA key sey security passphrase.
Step 3: Find Out the Password by Using Manuals Provided By Your Internet Service Provider
Find out the manuals provided by your Internet Service provider and get the name and password of your wireless network. In case you face difficulties to find it then contact your Internet service provider.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup for Mac Computer
If you are a Mac user then in this article, you can learn how to set up HP Officejet Pro 6968 for your Mac operating system.
Install the Printer Driver
You can follow the unboxing steps from the above section. After that, install a compatible printer driver. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the official website and search the driver for your printer.
- Get the file saved as .dmg format.
- Open the file from the downloads folder and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the required update.
If any error message pops up at this time then uninstall the existing driver.
- Open the Apple menu and navigate to System preference and Select Printers and scanners.
- Select your HP pro 6968 printer and then choose Remove.
- After removing the existing printer, reinstall the update.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup for Mac
By using some simple steps, HP Officejet Pro 6968 wireless setup for your Mac device is possible. For that, use an HP Utility software. So check out the following instructions and connect your printer wirelessly.
- Turn on your printer.
- Hit the wireless option from the printer’s control panel.
- Go to the settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Complete the process by following on-screen instructions.
- If HP utility is not present in your system then download the software.
- Run the software and install it by following the online instructions
- After installing the software, open the window and select HP Officejet Pro 6968 and select Continue.
- Choose>Add Printer>the name of Hp Pro printer>Print Using or Use>Select the printer name from the dropdown and click continue
- Finish the wireless setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
So, if you want to connect this printer directly to the router then use the WPS button or Pin. By using this button, you can connect your printer directly to your home network. SSID and password is another mode that you can use for Hp Officejet Pro 6968 wireless setup.
These are some effective steps that you can follow to Hp Officejet Pro 6968 wireless setup. So, if you find this article helpful or you have any queries regarding these steps then write down in the below comment section.